Overview: 150 recipes from 35 chefs from a small village, La Murta, in Murcia Spain. Spanish Village Cooking – Recetas del Campo is written in English & Spanish and available worldwide.
Visit from the Academia de Gastronomía de la Región de Murcia to La Murta
On May 23rd the Academia de Gastronomía de la Región de Murcia visited the small village of La Murta to celebrate the success of their new recipe book with a tasting lunch of 13 dishes prepared by the Chefs of La Murta. Eleven chefs prepared their own recipes for the menu chosen by the Academy from the book. Also three La Murta wine makers provided their red/white & sweet wines for the tasting. The local charcuterie shop provided embutidos (Spanish sausages) and the three bakeries provided the bread. Twenty eight visitors from the Academy enjoyed the 13 course degustacion menu.
The book, Spanish Village Cooking – Recetas Del Campo, was published in March 2014, three months after the initial idea. It is written in Spanish and English, with more than 80 photographs. Thirty five cooks offered their family recipes to produce more than 150 traditional Murcian dishes. Contributions also came from a few cooks who now call La Murta their home, with a dish from Moratalla, recipes from Extremadura and of course one from Debbie herself. The first print run has already sold out, with more books on their way.
Contributions from the profit for the book will go to the fiesta commission to spend on the yearly village fiesta in May.
- La Murta is a small village in Murcia with just 107 inhabitants. www.LaMurta.com
- Marcus & Debbie Jenkins moved to La Murta in 2005. Marcus is a software consultant and Debbie is a writer, they co-wrote Going Native In Murcia, now in its third edition.
- Spanish Village Cooking – Recetas del Campo is available in print to buy from Amazon.com / Amazon.es / Amazon.co.uk & directly from Debbie Jenkins for just 15 euros
- Spanish Village Cooking – Recetas del Campo is available in Kindle editions for 3.77 euros.
- NativeSpain.com is a small publishing company specialising in books for people who love Spain. Previous titles include: Going Native in Murcia, Buying Property in Murcia and The Cartagena City Guide. For more information, visit http://www.NativeSpain.com
- Photographs and sample recipes are available. Contact Debbie Jenkins.
- To receive a review copy of Spanish Village Cooking – Recetas del Campo or to speak to the chefs of La Murta or Debbie Jenkins, contact Debbie Jenkins.
5 star review – Jakki at amazon.es: “Enhorabuena a la autora. Me compré su úlltimo libro y pensé como me hubiera gustado que fuera en castellano. Este libro es muy bien escrito en los dos idiomas. La versión Kindle tiene muy bien precio. A lovely book, beautifully written in both English and Spanish. Excellent price on the Kindle. Highly recommended.”