Debbie Jenkins, editor and co-author of the book “Recetas del Campo – Spanish Village Cooking” is excited to be a finalist in the competition “Chef for the day” organised by Las Flores Quality Tapas restaurants.
Debbie says that she chose her dish for the contest because her neighbours and co-authors from La Murta enjoyed it so much they kept asking for the recipe and insisted that she included it in the book.
The final is on Saturday 21st June at La Tapa restaurant in Plaza de Las Flores in Murcia.
Many of the contributors to the La Murta recipe book will accompany Debbie on Saturday to give her their support.
Debbie’s recipe is Spicy Pork in Lettuce Leaves and can be found on www.lamurta.com.
- La Murta is a small village in Murcia with just 107 inhabitants. www.LaMurta.com
- Marcus & Debbie Jenkins moved to La Murta in 2005. Marcus is a software consultant and Debbie is a writer, they co-wrote Going Native In Murcia, now in its third edition.
- Spanish Village Cooking – Recetas del Campo is available in print to buy from Amazon.com / Amazon.es / Amazon.co.uk & directly from Debbie Jenkins for just 15 euros
- Spanish Village Cooking – Recetas del Campo is available in Kindle editions for 3.77 euros.
- NativeSpain.com is a small publishing company specialising in books for people who love Spain. Previous titles include: Going Native in Murcia, Buying Property in Murcia and The Cartagena City Guide. For more information, visit http://www.NativeSpain.com
- Photographs and sample recipes are available. Contact Debbie Jenkins.
- To receive a review copy of Spanish Village Cooking – Recetas del Campo or to speak to the chefs of La Murta or Debbie Jenkins, contact Debbie Jenkins.